Sunday, March 6, 2011

So I have officially fallen behind with the my posting. During this last week of classes (these two are now over and I start two different ones when I get back in two weeks) I have been plenty busy. I was, however, able to take a trip to Machu Picchu, although it wasn't quite as planned. Due to the complete failure of several airlines, Carolyn was not able to travel to Peru, so unfortunately I had to go to Machu Picchu without her company. On top of that I had just come down with a nasty cold (first real sickness of my time here), but it was an interesting experience none-the-less and I promise to post pictures later.

Today in all of Peru (and maybe all of South America?) is Carnival, so there was a parade and festivities in the Plaza de Armas earlier and Sarah and I are going out soon to see what fun the evening has to offer us. I won't be staying out very long, though, as I'll be getting up before 4am tomorrow to travel to the jungle. I'll be staying there for two weeks to complete a volunteer project and learn as much as possible about the ecology, biology, and culture of the area. I believe it's quite rainy there right now, but at least it's warm and rainy versus the cold and rainy of Cusco :)

I know I'll have plenty to post about when I get back --look for another sometime after March 21st. Sorry for getting behind with this, but thanks for staying tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment